Thanks for asking! We’ve made several changes:
• We are not allowing customers inside our shop at this time.
• To place an order for food, beverages, or pantry items customers can either order online or place an order by phone at (919) 957-1090. We are not taking orders in-person at the Bake Shop at this time. Our entire menu can be found here:
• We are now offering no-contact delivery within a three mile radius of Downtown Durham through Durham Courier. Delivery is a flat $5 fee and all tips collected go directly to their cyclists.
• Our outdoor patio is open! When you arrive, please let a team member know that you plan to sit outside so we can come out to sanitize your table before you sit.
• We’ve added TONS of new items to our menu including bread and pantry items like bulk flours, baking supplies, deli items, salads, dressings, cheese, pasta, dry beans, canned tomatoes, produce, local preserves, nut butters and so much more!
• Our team members are doing daily health screenings and all of our team wears masks while working (unless they are working independently and are able to maintain at least six feet distance from all other team members)
•Our management team has completed Count on Me NC certification for COVID-19 restaurant safety
We are located at 406 South Driver Street at the intersection of Driver Street and Angier Avenue in the Old East Durham neighborhood of Durham, North Carolina
You can also find us at the Durham Farmers Market on Saturdays and the Carrboro Farmers Market on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
There is ample free street parking surrounding the shop on both Driver Street and Angier Avenue. We also have bike racks available for use in front of the shop.
Customers also have access to two parking lots- there is a gravel parking lot across the street from the shop, directly behind the old bank building at 318 South Driver Street (the entrance is on Angier Avenue). Customers can also park in the paved lot across the street from our outdoor seating and behind Joe’s Diner, Russell’s Pharmacy etc. (the entrance is on South Driver Street).
Whole pies are $28 (we can only guarantee availability when ordered with at least 24 hours notice). Our whole pie menu is updated weekly and can be found on our menu here. Call us at 919-957-1090 or place your order online!
We ask for 24 hours notice for whole pie orders. Because our pies change with the seasons we are unable to guarantee availability of certain seasonal flavors more than 1-2 weeks in advance.
We will begin taking orders for Thanksgiving in early October. Keep an eye on our website/social media for updates!
We are only able offer the pies available on our current seasonal menu. We do not offer custom flavors.
We understand that life happens, so as a courtesy, we will call customers who have failed to pick up orders using the contact phone number collected at the time the order was placed. However, due to the perishable nature of our products, if we don’t hear back from you that same day, East Durham Bake Shop is not responsible for missed order pick ups.
We offer a variety of seasonally-inspired baked goods such as scones, croissants, laminated pastries, pie by the slice, cookies, warm savory pies and quiches, a daily soup and salad, espresso beverages, a variety of loose leaf teas, juices and sparkling beverages. Check out our menu page for more info and our social media (facebook, instagram, twitter) for specials!
Yes! We offer savory pies daily featuring fresh North Carolina-grown produce. The format (galette, pot pie, handpie, quiche) varies.
Our seasonal pastries such as scones, croissants, morning buns, cookies as well as travelers of coffee available for order. Our order menu is available on our website here. You can place your order online or give us a call at 919-957-1090.
While most of our products contain butter/eggs/flour/sugar we do try to have at least one gluten free and one vegan option available at the shop each day. If you have a dietary restriction please call us ahead of time to check for availability! Coffee or tea drinker? We offer almond and oat milk as dairy alternatives for our beverages.
Please note that while certain products are labeled gluten-free we cannot safely control for cross contamination in our facility and as such we are not a celiac-friendly bakery.
For orders over $200 (usually orders serving 50 or more people) we are happy to offer a complimentary phone or in-person consultation to tell you about our special offerings for large events. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consult.
Yes! You can buy physical gift cards in the shop (we have a great selection of handmade cards for several occasions) or purchase e-gift cards through this link.
Please check out our jobs page to learn more about our current needs! Please note that we do not accept emailed applications or inquiries about employment opportunities- we ask that all applicants visit the shop and turn in applications in-person.
We bring our baked goods to the Durham Farmers’ Market and Carrboro Farmers’ Market year round. For more details visit: http://eastdurhambakeshop.com/farmers-markets/
We have t-shirts, mugs, retail bags of coffee, tote bags, buttons and stickers available for sale in the shop. You can order online or by calling (919) 957-1090.